Profile of A Company A.U.Shay Ltd
Milestones, activity and vision:
A.U.Shay Ltd is a family Business that started its way as a small shop in Tel-Aviv by Mr. Avraham Schugurensky, a new immigrant from Argentina at 1921.
- 1921 – Opening a small electrical shop in Tel-Aviv
- 1926 – Mr. Avraham Schugurensky is nominated Siemens representative for Palestine and moves the business to Haifa.
- 1930 – The company is leading in the field of electrical supply.
- 1932 - The second generation sons – Shlomo and Uriel, join the company which is now called – Schugurensky And Sons Ltd.
- 1939 – The company continues its activity during WWII, Uriel is now a Major in the Jewish Brigade and fighting the Nazi enemy in Europa
- 1945 – The company is nominated as the region representative for several world-known manufactures, such as: Schmersal, Klauke, Megger etc.
- 1948 – with the establishment of the state of Israel the family adopts the Hebrew name Shay – Uriel is appointed as lieutenant colonel for the IFD to be the first military attaché in Turkey
- 1968 – Uriel shay assumes ownership of the Tel-Aviv branch, taking over responsibility for all foreign agencies and representations.
- 1980 – The third generation, Ilan Shay, Dipl. Engineer and graduate of the T.H Aachen Germany, joins the company.
- 1992 - The company is nominated representative of Weidmuller Germany.
- 1994 – The company expands to its new 1000 sqm. headquarters and stores in Kiryat-Arie industrial area in Petah-Tikva.
- 1996 – A.U.Shay Ltd is certified quality standard ISO9000 by the Standard Institute of Israel.
- 2004 – the fourth generation, Shay Grinbaum, graduate of computer science at the IDC Herzeliya and joins the company, contributing new energy and innovation.
- 2007 – Uriel Shay owner and founder passed away at the age of 93
- 2008 - The company is nominated representative of Metabo Germany later establishing a partnership with C.G.W for the marketing of the Metabo power tools.
- 2016/2017 – A.U.Shay is launching its brand new website.
- 2018 - A.U Shay receives Raychem's representation in Israel, owned by TE Connectivity (Tyco) conglomerate.
Today holding the outstanding distinguished record of 96 years and 4 generations of a family business A.U.Shay with a list of distinguished worldwide brands such as: Weidmuller, Klauke, Megger, Mersen, Schmersal, HT-Italia, Emas, Werma, Dold, Melec, Hellermann Tyton, Raychem etc. is proud to use its knowledge and experience accumulated over the years to be a consulting and supporting factor which is the most important added value.